Let's light it up.
When you make time to do the things that make you feel good, it becomes so much easier to live a vibrant, fulfilling life. And not just the vibrant, fulfilling life that you live vicariously through your kids—one that you create for yourself as an individual.
(And, hi...when was the last time you thought of yourself as an individual?)
It might be impossible to banish mom guilt altogether, but there’s one aspect of it I’d love to eliminate—the guilt that comes when we do something for ourselves. We have a tendency to put ourselves in last place and that sometimes feels noble.
But I’ve discovered that when we put ourselves in last place for too long, we begin to live in a place of overwhelm, frustration and resentment. When we do things for ourselves, though? We can be better moms, wives, friends, sisters…yup, we actually get better when we take really great care of ourselves.
So-- really-- let's light it up. Living a lit up life means:
- You know yourself + are living a life that puts your wants, needs + dreams at the front of the line
- You find joy + magic in each day
- You are curious + compassionate with yourself
- You are happy now AND you are excited for what's to come
- You go for it (whatever "it" is for you)
Ready to light it up, mama?
Grab your copy of the 31-day journal designed to help you uncover how you feel, how you want to feel + what you're going
to do about it.
By requesting the Light It Up journal, you're also signing up for my weekly email. It's short, sweet + just what your inbox has been craving.
Navigating Motherhood Workshop
Reenergize your life + get where you want to go by focusing on the things that make you feel really good. (Yes, you can do that-- seriously.)
To take great care of ourselves we need to tune into ourselves. I’ve found the best place to start is creating some daily practices that are both grounding and energizing, and empowering ourselves to live the life we envision. When we live this way, the journey comes alive. The destination is like the cherry on top of the kick-ass sundae that is life.
When we understand ourselves and start going for what we want, “selfish” becomes a good thing, we begin to model a lit-up life for our kids, the zing returns to our relationships and everyone in our orbit benefits. (You know how they say if mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy? It. is. TRUE.)
This workshop includes:
- Writing exercises and discussions about:
- What’s happening now in your life
- What’s working and what’s not working
- Exploring some tools that will help you tune into yourself + feel joyful and energized, including:
- Danielle Laporte's Core Desired Feelings
- White space
- Goal setting
- A journaling exercise that will help you create a daily practice that gets thoughts out of your head and gives you space to focus on what makes you happy
This workshop is for you if you:
- Are struggling to find sanity in motherhood
- Feel a bit off and you're not sure why
- Want to feel more joyful and energized
- Are open to exploring what's really going on in your life (even if that feels hard, emotional + uncomfortable at first)
- Are ready to start seeing things differently
Desire Map Workshops
Details coming soon. Sign up here to be notified about upcoming workshops.